Hi babes! The Brown Sugar Bourbon Meatloaf one of my ALL TIME favorite recipes. When I first tried this, I made it three times in one week – which in hindsight was probably not that healthy for me. Now it has become an inexpensive, quick and easy dinner that I can whip up on my busier days. Most of these ingredients you will already find in your kitchen, so getting the meat & brown sugar is the important part. I hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2lbs lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 3⁄4cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of bourbon
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 cup (italian) breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf.
- Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes, empty out most of the juice.
- Take the rest of the ketchup and layer it over the top as desired. (Optional)
I hope you enjoy! Drop me a comment on what your hungry for next!