During my time spent in a cross-fit program and following the Paleo diet, I discovered my love for cooking. Making a meal from scratch is not only rewarding, it’s almost therapeutic. Out of all the things I’ve made over the years this taco recipe has to be my favorite. I encourage you to make the avocado cider dressing as it brings out the best flavors of this dish! Enjoy!
CILANTRO LIME MAHI MAHI
- 1 pound (4 filets) wild caught Mahi Mahi
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey, slightly melted
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/8 tsp unrefined sea salt
- dash of pepper
- shaved red cabbage
- In a small bowl add all of the ingredients except the fish. Mix well.
- Transfer into a Ziplock bag. Add fish and coat well. Allow marinating for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Take fish out of marinade and season the fish with a little more salt and pepper.
- Place fish on grill and allow to cook for about 4 minutes.
- Turn fish over and allow the other side to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Do not overcook the fish. Fish cooks quickly! When the fish flakes easily with a fork, it is done.
AVOCADO CIDER DRESSING
I know it sounds strange, but who would have thought that avocado and apple cider vinegar actually taste amazing together? Coming in at 120 calories its one of my favorite healthy toppings to make!
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 whole avocado large sized, fully ripe, skin and pit removed.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup loosely packed cilantro1. Remove peel and pit of avocado.
2. Combine all ingredients into a blender. (you can also use a fork to mash them together it will just take longer)
3. Blend on medium until all ingredients are fully emulsified together. If too thick, add 1 teaspoon of water until desired consistency is reached.
4. Pour over taco meat!If you want to get really fancy and go all out you can make your own salsa to put on the tacos. I HIGHLY recommend pairing the tacos with a mango-pineapple salsa . Even though it requires a little extra prep time -I guarentee you’ll be the star chef at your next cookout!